Paper Pumpkin Alternate Project Idea - July 2014 Wish Big Kit

I must admit, I had not tried the Box card! Have you tried those?
When I saw the Paper Pumpkin kit for July, I was racking my brain to come up with an alternate project ;-) and I thought, well.... what could I make with that box?! And then it hit me - I should try one of those box cards! The box is already made for me, right? LOL Riiiiight..... So a few hundred calculations later, I managed a Box Card! I love it, not too shabby for my first one!

Paper Pumpkin Alternate Idea June 2014 Kit Wish Big


I got help with the technical details from the tutorial on Splitcoast, and inspiration for the coloring and fussy cutting of the Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!
You can see more of the kit and the original designed projects HERE

I cut the included gift box down, slicing off the bottom flaps and trimming the top a smidgen. The finished height of the box is 4.25 so it will fold down flat and fit in an A2 envelope.




I used the Designer Series Paper Park Lane, as it coordinates with the Blackberry Bliss color scheme in the kit. I fussy cut the flowers from one of the packs designs, and then tried out some coloring with my Stampin' Write Markers and trusty blender pen. 





This is the panel I did for the back of the box, a spot to add your greeting.

And there you have it! My first Box Card, and an alternate idea for the awesome July Paper Pumpkin Kit! 

Remember you can get 50% off the first two months of Paper Pumpkin when you start your membership before September 10th. Sign up today and don't miss these awesome kits!!

Questions? I'm more than happy to gush about Paper Pumpkin, chat me up on Facebook ( www.Facebook.com/MidnightCrafting ) or drop me an email at AngelaBodas at comcast dot net.
Happy Crafting!!
~Angie

P.S - As a Paper Pumpkin subscriber, you CAN get past kits while supplies last, just check out the Past Kits: https://mypaperpumpkin.com/en/pastkits/ and write down the item number of your favorites! Drop me a note to let me know which ones you want to order and I can put them on an order for you! Perfect for parties, or group crafts, or when you find an alternate project that you adore but you've already used your kit up! ;-)




Pin It

No comments: