Feel Goods and Bloom with Hope - Pallet Art

There are (more than) a few Pinterest ideas for DIY Pallet art that I have on my To-Do list!! I've been thinking about trying it on a card, too. It takes some bold lettering to split in the pallet look, but I will try it again in the 'reclaimed boards solid look' too!
Anyhow, today's card: 


Feel Goods sentiment The Best Things in Life aren't Things, with a flower image from the Bloom with Hope set. The background stamp is Hardwood.


The colors I used are Pool Party, Lost Lagoon, Baked Brown Sugar, and a splash of Hello Honey.


There are a few techniques I was considering to get the white-washed, distressed look, none of which worked with my creating while watching the baby! LOL So I went with just stamping the Hardwood stamp in Pool Party on Whisper White, and going back over it with Baked Brown Sugar. I colored in the flower using my Stampin' Write Markers.

Definitely a card I will try again, but I am pleased with my first attempt! Got any suggestions for me?
Make it a great Monday!
Happy Crafting!
~Angie

No comments: